[linux-elitists] Comprehensive list of Linux malware

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Thu Dec 2 14:47:54 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 05:36:30PM -0500, Aaron Sherman wrote:

> It's also not true. While Linux purists may not be happy with it, one of
> the first things that most Linux and NVidia users do is download the
> binary-only NVidia driver from nvidia.com and execute it (it's a shell
> script, self-installer).

Most?  Bah, I seriously doubt that.  Think of the zillion Linux boxes
running as servers everywhere.  They don't put a nvidia card in those
boxes, and they actually want support from a company.  Putting the
nvidia drivers on a box automatically invalidates all paid support
contracts, and all help from anyone in the open source community.

Hence, those users deserve what they get :)

Off to break the nvidia driver by changing the kernel interfaces again,
this is becoming a fun hobby...

greg k-h