Point of order (was: Re: [linux-elitists] Shipit...)

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Wed Dec 1 19:19:06 PST 2004

begin  Rick Bradley  quotation:
> Presumably hacking the client so that it appears to be using an open
> source MUA still counts as good enough to stay on l-e.

	Why presume, dude?

> You can always get mail from a proprietary mailer through by
> modifying the headers so they don't match the regular expressions
> the list uses.

	Although that ought to be clarified to mean that you can POST
if you outsmart the regexes.  This is similar to the policy I had on
the old CrackMonkey list:

http://crackmonkey.org/faq.html#ANSWER44 and
http://crackmonkey.org/faq.html#ANSWER45

--
Arch really is simple to use:                                   Nick Moffitt
    tla register-archive http://www.lnx-bbc.org/arch      nick@teh.entar.net