Point of order (was: Re: [linux-elitists] Shipit...)

Rick Bradley roundeye@roundeye.net
Wed Dec 1 18:23:30 PST 2004

* Jeff Waugh (jdub@perkypants.org) [041130 22:12]:
> > gmail.com is a webmail service that, as far as I can tell, does not apply
> > a User-Agent header to show the browser being used.  So all From:
> > .*gmail.com posts have to be filtered out.
>
> That said, gmail itself is the email client, and it is proprietary software.

Presumably hacking the client so that it appears to be using an open
source MUA still counts as good enough to stay on l-e.

Rick
--
 http://www.rickbradley.com    MUPRN: 412
   random email haiku  |  To: CHI-WEB@ACM.ORG >>Unless