[linux-elitists] Giant Tux

Adam Sampson azz@us-lot.org
Sat Aug 28 03:03:49 PDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 02:32:08AM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> Using interrupts seems like a much cleaner way to do this kind of
> thing. Am I missing anything?

Not really; I used polling because I already knew how to drive the
parallel port controller by hand, and it was the path of least
resistance. Using the parport device would indeed be more sensible.

> Anyway, thanks for posting the schematic, because if I'm unable to use
> the IRQ pin I'll fall back on your physical interface and code. Which
> pin does the 400ohm resistor connect to, though?

Pin 12 -- PE, PERROR or POUT, depending on which pinout you look at.

--
Adam Sampson <azz@us-lot.org>                        <http://offog.org/>