[linux-elitists] Stupid C tricks

Fri Aug 27 21:48:15 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 10:09:27PM -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> The Asterisk project is a fine example where such centralization has
> been achieved, with really very little work.

I've seen that; I worked on asterisk quite a bit in 2002.  I thought
it was pretty neat, but then I tried using the same trick for another
project that didn't require logging severity codes, and creating a
token that had to be stuck in front of the format string struck me as
a little awkward.

> Linux elitists use MS C?

If one isn't familiar with the other options, how can one possibly
hope to win arguments about how much they suck?

--
 - Jason                                                 Last known location:

There's nothing so precious as a cafe full of Gap kiddies trying to
work out whether you're really wearing rubber pants.
		-- Mike Smith