[linux-elitists] Stupid C tricks

Fri Aug 27 19:58:09 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 09:30:28PM -0500, Rick Bradley wrote:
> * Jason Spence (jspence@lightconsulting.com) [040827 20:51]:
> > To use, cut and paste.  Call debug() like you would printf, except
> > it'll output the filename and line number where the call occured.  You
> > can also modify format() to dump the buffer to some logging API like
> > unix syslog(), Win32's ReportEvent(), or VMS's SYS$SNDOPR.
>
> Ditto the _*_ response, but note also this wheel is well-worn.
> Personally I happen to like Fred Fish's old (and long-since public
> domain) macro kit.  Great for tracing.  Flip the switch and it's gone.

Hmm, this is an interesting-looking package.  It doesn't seem to
address the need for output by someone other than the original author,
which is what I'm trying to do, but I think I can see using dbug in
the future for other things.

--
 - Jason                                                 Last known location:

You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading
this sort of trash.