[linux-elitists] Stupid C tricks

Rick Bradley roundeye@roundeye.net
Fri Aug 27 19:30:28 PDT 2004

* Jason Spence (jspence@lightconsulting.com) [040827 20:51]:
> To use, cut and paste.  Call debug() like you would printf, except
> it'll output the filename and line number where the call occured.  You
> can also modify format() to dump the buffer to some logging API like
> unix syslog(), Win32's ReportEvent(), or VMS's SYS$SNDOPR.

Ditto the _*_ response, but note also this wheel is well-worn.
Personally I happen to like Fred Fish's old (and long-since public
domain) macro kit.  Great for tracing.  Flip the switch and it's gone.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbug/

Rick
--
 http://www.rickbradley.com    MUPRN: 719
                       |  now, simply because
   random email haiku  |  they were using it before