[linux-elitists] Giant Tux

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Fri Aug 27 16:49:34 PDT 2004

begin  Adam Rosi-Kessel  quotation:
> We'd like to replace Mary with a large Tux (we're not Christian, but we
> do use free software).  Bigger than the stuffed animal sized ones that
> are commonly found, and ideally not stuffed, but stuffed would be okay
> since the shrine is shielded from the elements.

	How big of a space are you talking?

	And Tux is, in fact, overdone.  The great thing about the
FSF's choice of a gnu as a mascot is that there are all sorts of great
interpretations in various artistic styles.

	For example, I really dig this Micaenean stencil-form one:
	    http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnu-alternative.html

	Why not get some locl community college art student to make
you some sort of crazy gnu sculpture?

--
We would do the world a great favor if we just deleted all      Nick Moffitt
software projects that described themselves as "frameworks".   nick@zork.net