[linux-elitists] Giant Tux

tek tek@pervasivenetwerks.com
Fri Aug 27 14:08:46 PDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:49:44 -0400, Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote
> Maybe some -elitists will sneer, but here goes:
>
> We've just moved into our first (owned) house.  Like many of the houses
> in the area, there's a large shrine with a Mother Mary statue in it.
>
> We'd like to replace Mary with a large Tux (we're not Christian, but
> we do use free software).  Bigger than the stuffed animal sized ones
> that are commonly found, and ideally not stuffed, but stuffed would
> be okay since the shrine is shielded from the elements.
>
> Anyone know where to get such a thing?  15 minutes of googling,
> thinkgeek.com, cafepress.com gave no results.

You might change the approach and start looking for pingu.
its a japanese animation character that happens to be a penguin. I have gotten
several pingu items from my family in hong kong. biggest being a 9" tall hard
plastic penguin lamp. Basically its one of those tap lights with a 9" penguin on
top of it.

I'm sure there is more stuff just like that, pingu is quite popular overseas.
HTH
Tnt

--
Linux User  #186282