[linux-elitists] Giant Tux

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam@rosi-kessel.org
Fri Aug 27 07:49:44 PDT 2004

Maybe some -elitists will sneer, but here goes:

We've just moved into our first (owned) house.  Like many of the houses
in the area, there's a large shrine with a Mother Mary statue in it.

We'd like to replace Mary with a large Tux (we're not Christian, but we
do use free software).  Bigger than the stuffed animal sized ones that
are commonly found, and ideally not stuffed, but stuffed would be okay
since the shrine is shielded from the elements.

Anyone know where to get such a thing?  15 minutes of googling,
thinkgeek.com, cafepress.com gave no results.

And while I'm asking: anyone have experience connecting their doorbell to
a GNU/Linux box?  Pointers would be appreciated.

Heck, one more entirely off-topic question that I've had no luck with in
the perl mail lists: is it possible to get the pids of grandchildren
processes after forking without resorting to shelling out to ps?  (full
question at <http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.beginners/67103>).
--
Adam Rosi-Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org