[linux-elitists] SCO: new PR firm

Jonathan Corbet corbet@lwn.net
Wed Aug 25 13:42:09 PDT 2004

Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org> wrote:

> That's right, new PR firm.  Sloane & Company's clients
> include American Express Corporate Travel, AT&T, and
> Harrah's, and first among the services they offer is
> "Crisis Counseling".

Good catch, interesting.

I suspect (as do many others) that SCO is figuring out that it has lost
big, and wants to do a "never mind the litigation, we want to be a
software company again" routine.  Maybe Sloane's job is to help make
that happen.

Remember how Caldera forked off the Microsoft lawsuit into a separate
company?  I wonder if SCO might not attempt the same in an attempt to
contain the damage as everything collapses.  I have a hard time seeing
such a move actually *working* at this late date, but I have an even
harder time imagining what else they could possibly be thinking.

jon