[linux-elitists] free chess engine?

Mister Bad mr.bad@pigdog.org
Wed Apr 14 12:31:14 PDT 2004

    MO> /etc/cron.monthly/vrms:

    MO>   Non-free packages with status other than installed on foofoo

    MO> crafty ( dei) State-of-the-art chess engine, compatible with

That's weird. I poked around on the crafty FTP site, and I couldn't
find anything that looked remotely like a license agreement. I'm
wondering why this even passes the non-free distributability test.

How someone could go through 19+ versions of a software package
without bothering to define any license info is beyond me.

~Mr. Bad

--
        just seemed like time to move on." --Dagan Galarneau