[linux-elitists] Notify about using the e-mail account.

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Mon Apr 12 08:49:15 PDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:49:34 -0700
Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org> wrote:

> What I really don't understand is: Why would Mailman want to let list
> posts through when the envelope sender is on the list and the From: is
> forged to an address not on the list?  Should I just go ahead and
> replace calls to get_senders() with calls to get_sender()?

It allows the list to continue working for those that use ad hoc or
dynamically generated plus address tokens (cf TMDA's dated/sender
addresses), those that rewrite From: to redirect courtesy copies (I
often use plus addressing for this ala keyword addresses), etc.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?