[linux-elitists] RPM non free?

Adam Sampson azz@us-lot.org
Tue Apr 6 15:16:03 PDT 2004

Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> writes:

> Anyway, I don't see how the license for elfutils is "non-free" by any
> means.  Do you care to explain why you think it is not so?

The OSL requires you to get click-wrap acceptance of the license from
anyone you distribute the software to. It makes automated mirroring of
OSL-licensed software impossible, destroying an important bit of free
software distribution infrastructure.

(If I recall correctly, the Debian project had a different reason for
considering it non-free, but that's my major complaint with it.)

--
Adam Sampson <azz@us-lot.org>                        <http://offog.org/>