[linux-elitists] Yet another mozilla atrocity

Jay Sulzberger jays@panix.com
Mon Sep 29 21:54:26 PDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Matthew W. Miller wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 04:16:44AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> >Quoting J. Paul Reed (preed@sigkill.com):
> >> Do an "about:config" and you'll suddenly realize why they didn't put
> >> in little slider bars, checkboxes and input fields for each
> >> configurable Mozilla feature.
> >Hey, now, that's pretty darned cool.  Thanks.
>
> 'Cool' it may be, but personally I regard the about:config page being
> the Mozilla interface's way of putting up its hands and saying "I give
> up."
> --
> Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller@columbus.rr.com>

No.  It is right, except for one thing: the lines, and items in the lines
are not links.  Each should be a link to extensive documentation.  The
documentation should include on page one links to all places in the source
where the variable is set or read.

oo--JS.