[linux-elitists] Yet another mozilla atrocity

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 29 02:02:17 PDT 2003

Quoting Joakim Ziegler (joakim@avmaria.com):

> Too many preference items are a very bad thing, both for the reasons
> cited above, and because they tend to be an excuse for not doing user
> testing and thinking, and figuring you what a sensible way to do things
> is. So instead, it's made configurable, and it's up to the user.

At the very minimum, make those other preferences accessible via a
"Enable advanced options" checkbox.  Aaron has a good point, here and
elsewhere:  We want browsers, not nannies.

--
Cheers,                    Higgledy-Piggledy / Kibo Ubiquitous,
Rick Moen                  Greps for his name in the / Happynet spool.