[linux-elitists] Yet another mozilla atrocity

Jay Sulzberger jays@panix.com
Sun Sep 28 22:18:14 PDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Joakim Ziegler wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 18:56, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
< ... />

> > The de-facto example was
> > favicon.ico support. It was enabled by default because "everybody
> > wants it, right?" IIRC for a long time it wasn't even possible to
> > disable it through the configuration file. It might be possible now,
> > but I'm not sure offhand because I don't use Phoenix/Firebird. Of
> > course, there still isn't an item in the preferences about it. And
> > Firebird requests /favicon.ico from every site, not just ones with one
> > listed in a meta tag. I just verified that it still does this. I view
> > that behavior as despicable and a valid reason not to use a browser.
>
> If you view that as a valid reason to not use a specific browser,
> regardless of its other merits, then I humbly submit that you're a nut.

Of course it is a good reason not to use a browser.  The behavior is an
affront to sense, and if we do not act on our preferences, HOW WILL THE
MARKET GET US TO PARETO'S LAND OF UNIMPROVABLE SATISFACTION?

oo--JS.