[linux-elitists] Fwd: Spam DoS attack perpetrated by Earthlink against my account

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 26 18:02:14 PDT 2003

on Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 02:30:58AM +0100, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> For those curious as to what I'm considering when I speak of ISP-based
> filtering, this is my email to Earthlink.

In related news, I've heard that a free virus filtering service will be
unveiled by a major US ISP in the next month or so, pending development,
testing, and marketing.

I've responded to same that, at current rates of Swen propogation
(another 720 messages between 4am and 17:30 today, another 350 MiB, that
each day such a service is delayed is a day in which dialup ISPs are
selling a service which is unusable to their customers.

Peace.

    Defeat EU Software Patents!                         http://swpat.ffii.org/