Sue your ISP for DoS attack (was Re: [linux-elitists] dealing with Swen)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 25 17:00:44 PDT 2003

on Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 07:35:46PM -0400, Jay Sulzberger (jays@panix.com) wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > on Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 06:50:42PM -0400, Jay Sulzberger (jays@panix.com) wrote:
> > > On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Karsten M. Self wrote:

Jay: don't CC me.  Trim appropriately.  Etc.

> > > Do not sue.  Design, build, sell a better email system.
> >
> > Jay, I'm a firm believer in both carrot *and* stick.  The better systems
> > exist.  They aren't being implemented.  ELNK specifically is chasing
> > some very wrong ideas:  C-R.
> >
> > My current problem really *isn't* spam.  60 messages a day are
> > tolerable.  Double that isn't significantly worse.  1000, 2000, or more
> > messages daily, at hundreds of MiB, over dialup, is simply infeasible.
> > A simple scan for content will eliminate this problem at the pass.
> >
> > That's what I'm looking for.

> Which ISPs offer the service you want?

Mine doesn't.

I've noted, however, *ZERO* Swen from AOL or MSN, the other two largest
ISPs in the US, indicating they must be doing something right.
bellsouth and comcast have featured prominantly.

Peace.

    Defeat EU Software Patents!                         http://swpat.ffii.org/