[linux-elitists] (tmda) Re: Constraining Bogus challenges.

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Wed Sep 24 21:39:50 PDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 12:17:33PM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Aaron, how *DARE* you mention *relevant*, *technical*, *legitimate*
> objections to SpamAssassin.  Don't you realize there are vast tracts of
> my personal life, parentage, hygiene, social skills, sartorial
> predilections, small animal relationships, and flatulent emissions
> which you have failed to address.

How about security? That's big problem in my mind. I want to run
spamd; I also want every user to be able to maintain their own bayes
databases. This seems to require running spamd as root. Peachy? No!!!
By default, spamd appears not to authenticate users at all. I have it
set up to check identd results, and only allow connections from
localhost. But that leaves MUCH to be desired. Have I missed
something?