[linux-elitists] SCO website http://sco.iwethey.org

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Sep 24 16:07:04 PDT 2003

begin Michael Shields quotation of Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 07:37:14PM +0000:

> In message <20030924164229.GJ9792@zgp.org>,
> Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org> wrote:
> > Good questioning from Robin "roblimo" Miller on how small of a
> > customer the indemnification (i13n, anyone?) extends to, and it
> > goes all the way down to the individual customer buying one copy
> > of a distribution, if you (1) buy through HP and (2) run it on
> > HP hardware.  And, yes, you can buy it with one machine and run it
> > on another, if they're both from HP.
>
> Any HP machine?  Could you buy a Linux license with an HP desktop and
> then use the license for your Alpha instead?

If your HP support contract covers it, the i13n applies to it.

I don't think you can transfer a support contract from one
architecture to another like that, though -- all the distributions
I know sell different architectures individually.

The real news here isn't the details of the offer -- it's the fact
that HP, which has access to Unix and Linux source and has performed
due diligence, is willing to make it.

KG6INA