[linux-elitists] (tmda) Re: Constraining Bogus challenges.

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 23 21:23:46 PDT 2003

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net):

> I'm curious to see how this works out for you.  I've got a crazy set
> of custom patches to my exim4 setup (largely to deal with new
> requiremenets for recent mailmans and for UUCP (I know.)).

Will do.  So far, I'm playing with the Debian-unstable exim4 v. 4.22-5,
Marc Merlin's exim-sa 3.1 binary .deb that somehow replaces Exim4's
local-scan code (thus enabling use of SA during SMTP sessions), and his
lightly tweaked tarball for /etc/exim4 contents.  I probably have to
tweak something in /etc/exim4/sa-exim.conf to enable SA processing, but
am taking it slow.  (Too many new things at once for a production
system, already.)

Happily, Marc's SMTP-time rulesets for Exim4 seem to do quite well,
unaided.  Good news, there.  I'm just riding on it for a while, to make
sure legitimate mail isn't getting rejected.

> My discovery is that proper locking can help here.

In retrospect, yeah:  If I have to retreat to Exim 3.22, that's probably
where the hitch was and can be fixed.  Thanks.

rick@linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.