[linux-elitists] Re: Censorship, eh? Re: Request to mailing list tmda-users rejected

Jason R. Mastaler jason@mastaler.com
Tue Sep 23 20:46:28 PDT 2003

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> So if you can't handle reason, you resort to censorship.
>
> Interesting games you play, Mr. Mastaler.

Normally I'd just ignore yet another insult, but I feel obliged to
respond to this one since I'm a particularly strong believer in
personal freedom.

As I've already told you, I chose to end this thread because it was no
longer constructive, productive, or on topic.  It has nothing to do
with me disagreeing with your opinions.  I certainly have this right
as list administrator, especially when dozens of members are
threatening to unsubscribe because of your misconduct.  This is not
``censorship''.  Censorship would not have allowed you to post 25
acerbic messages to my mailing list in the past 48 hours.

I think I've given you ample leeway and freedom to express your views,
but you simply don't conduct yourself in a civil manner.  Anyone can
see this from the archive[1] of your messages I think.  You're not a
good advocate for your cause, but I don't think is the point -- this
is clearly entertainment for you.

Please don't waste my time with anymore messages, you've lost that
privilege.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://mla.libertine.org/tmda-users/2003-09/