[linux-elitists] (tmda) Re: Constraining Bogus challenges.

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Tue Sep 23 19:39:22 PDT 2003

> Offhand, why don't you use spamc/spamd?

Just FWIW, a system I run (a local cooperative net presence box) fell to
its knees trying to run SA on the flood of SoBig (or whatever the
virus-before-this was) mail.  Once I was able to muscle my way in and
switch over to spamc/spamd, the load problems went away.  Given the way the
net works anymore, the spam{cd} approach is probably the only way to avoid
setting yourself up for DOS problems on anything but the strongest of mail
servers.

jon