[linux-elitists] (tmda) Re: Constraining Bogus challenges.

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 23 13:21:16 PDT 2003

Quoting Matt Beland (matt@rearviewmirror.org):

[...]

> So, you actually haven't done jack to evaluate content-filtering
> systems, because if you had you'd know that your statement is
> blatently false. You just want to be a happily anti-social little
> prick and put the burden on other people to prove that they're worthy
> of communicating with you. If you whiney little pricks want to wall
> yourself off from the rest of the Internet, go right ahead. Spend all
> your time trading C-R requests and congratulating yourselves on how
> smart you are. May you get all you deserve.
>
> Just keep your shit off my servers.

Er... if I may:  Larry has always been an absolutely straight-up fellow.
You can agree or disagree with particular conclusions and analyses of
his, but I've never known him to speak other than from a good-faith
assessment.  (Also, to my knowledge, Larry isn't a C-R proponent nor an
admin who runs them.  He was just criticising what he considered
doubtful statistics.)

The explosion of spam has everyone a bit trigger-happy and easily
annoyed, I think.  I do understand why, but would appreciate people
keeping their cool (at least, here among friends).

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                          Ban the Bomb.