[linux-elitists] (tmda) Re: Constraining Bogus challenges.

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Sep 23 12:22:33 PDT 2003

begin Larry M. Augustin quotation of Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 11:17:34AM -0700:

> I don't doubt that there exist people on this mailing list who have
> carefully tuned setups fitting their individual tastes that are able to
> achieve those rates.  However, for the non-technical user the tweaking
> necessary to achieve that level of accuracy is not an option.

The extraordinarly high results are being reported for Bayesian
filters, where the only "tweaking" needed is for users to correct
misclassified mail.

  http://www.paulgraham.com/better.html

Selecting a message and hitting the "junk" button in the MUA is
not highly technical.

What systems did you look at, and how do they handle integration
with the MUA?

KG6INA