[linux-elitists] tmda

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Tue Sep 23 06:30:36 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 19:46, George Georgalis wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 03:58:17PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> >begin Greg Folkert quotation of Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 04:28:02PM -0400:
> >
> >> C-R systems push the burden off to unsuspecting
> >> other third parties not even connected to most of the mail sent this
> >> way. Any C-R I get goto /dev/null.
> >
> >This list has 400 people on it.  If even 10% ran a C-R system
> >that challenged posters, every new poster would get 40 challenges.
> >Please don't use this list as a test area for rude software.
>
> well yes if 10% ran misconfigured C-R systems that could be a problem.
> I think you where addressing me and though my (debian stable) version of
> tmda is quite old and known buggy (I now know); I did have it configured
> properly plus its internal safety checks stopped it from actually sending
> C-R to a list.

Actually George... no.  It was addressed to anyone whom uses a C-R
system. If I get a challenge, the response will never come. But I thank
you for clearing the air about it for us.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The spark of intelligence in your blinking eyes is not unlike the glow
from the teeth of an electrocuted axe-murderess.