[linux-elitists] tmda

George Georgalis georgw@galis.org
Mon Sep 22 16:46:55 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 03:58:17PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
>begin Greg Folkert quotation of Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 04:28:02PM -0400:
>
>> C-R systems push the burden off to unsuspecting
>> other third parties not even connected to most of the mail sent this
>> way. Any C-R I get goto /dev/null.
>
>This list has 400 people on it.  If even 10% ran a C-R system
>that challenged posters, every new poster would get 40 challenges.
>Please don't use this list as a test area for rude software.

well yes if 10% ran misconfigured C-R systems that could be a problem.
I think you where addressing me and though my (debian stable) version of
tmda is quite old and known buggy (I now know); I did have it configured
properly plus its internal safety checks stopped it from actually sending
C-R to a list.

If _anyone_ did get a C-R from me from their list post, please let me
know.

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 646-331-2027    <IXOYE><
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george@galis.org