[linux-elitists] Ha ha phony qmail

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller@columbus.rr.com
Fri Sep 19 01:02:24 PDT 2003

As of yesterday I've received 200+ copies of the latest and greatest
Gibe mutations.  Now, in addition to Latest Microsoft Security Update
warnings, I'm getting bogus 'returned' messages such as the following
(de-HTML-ised for your comfort and convenience):

> This is the qmail program
> I'm sorry the message returned below could not be delivered to the
> following addresses:
> Undelivered mail to vmtrjxhz@america.net

And I wish I knew who was responsible, because I'd complain that the
fake message is nowhere near as 'friendly', condescending, and generally
Eddie-the-Shipboard-Computer-ish to be a *real* qmail message.  I mean,
c'mon, put some *effort* into your social-engineering twaddle, guys...
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller@columbus.rr.com>