[linux-elitists] The last straw [VeriSign]

Rick Bradley roundeye@roundeye.net
Wed Sep 17 11:50:52 PDT 2003

* Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net) [030917 13:03]:
> I didn't have a regular X11 workstation at home until summer 2000, and
> that was my work laptop.  Everyone I tried to register with used
> confusing frames, javurscript, or other anti-lynx techniques to push
> me back to netsol.
>
> 	So now I have mojira, and I'm going through the pain of
> pushing everything over to gandi.net.  It's for the best, but I wonder
> if anyone out there supports lynx-ssl.

I believe https://www.directnic.com is lynx-ssl friendly.  I took a
quick look, short of signing up for an account with them, and everything
seems reasonable under lynx.  I don't know how politicially friendly
they are, but they're running Linux:

 <http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=directnic.com>

  The site directnic.com is running Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.12
  OpenSSL/0.9.6g on Linux.

Granted they're $15/domain/year, but theirs is one of the few registry
web interfaces not written or maintained by mongoloid fruit bats.

Btw, is there anything wrong with w3m-ssl?  I long ago grew weary of
lynx not even pretending to lay out a page.  W3m does IPv6, SSL, has
good frame and table support, does page refreshes, multiple buffers ...
hell, w3m-img can even do inline images in an xterm, with mouse support
(for those whose consoles have widgets around them).

Rick
--
 http://www.rickbradley.com    MUPRN: 184
                       |  doubtful that Theo and
   random email haiku  |  friends have spent that many man