[linux-elitists] The last straw [VeriSign]

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Wed Sep 17 11:00:04 PDT 2003

begin  Matthew W. Miller  quotation:
> http://www.nsihorrorstories.com/index.shtml
> Network Solutions Inc. horror stories.  Annoying "Best viewed with
> Microsoft Internet Explorer" front page and some completely frivolous
> (mumble)Script, but, eh, better than nothing.

	So this is where I explain why I registered domains with
verisign in 2000 instead of using one of the alternate registrars:

		Back then, they were the only lynx-friendly registrar.

I didn't have a regular X11 workstation at home until summer 2000, and
that was my work laptop.  Everyone I tried to register with used
confusing frames, javurscript, or other anti-lynx techniques to push
me back to netsol.

	So now I have mojira, and I'm going through the pain of
pushing everything over to gandi.net.  It's for the best, but I wonder
if anyone out there supports lynx-ssl.

--
Support your droogs!

end