[linux-elitists] The last straw [VeriSign]

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Wed Sep 17 01:46:02 PDT 2003

I'm very upset about the latest prank they decided to pull.
Conventional wisdom would indicate that there's nothing I can do and
changes are only going to be further downhill from here.

Most of us live near the VeriSign headquarters. Is there a way we can
use this to our advantage?

For now, people should patch their DNS servers to cancel out this
trick, preferably on large recursive servers. See
http://achurch.org/bind-verisign-patch.html and
http://www.imperialviolet.org/dnsfix.html. Rumor has it that Vixie and
the ISC are working on a better BIND patch, too. I sure hope they use
it on F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.

Another URL of possible interest is
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=211122.