[linux-elitists] Responents to challenge-response

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 13 21:57:20 PDT 2003

on Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 01:06:26PM +1000, Ben Finney (ben@benfinney.id.au) wrote:
> On 13-Sep-2003, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > on Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 04:10:15PM -0700, Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net) wrote:
> > > E-mail whitelists have always been useless, since e-mail headers are
> > > inherently forgeable.
> >
> > Amusing in that I'm writing an article on the faults of C-R
> > (challenge-response) as I read this.
>
> Haven't you already done so?
>
>     <http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/challenge-response.html>
>
> Or is this something other than an "article"?  I find it an excellent
> resource already, so I'm interested to know what more you're working on
> for this topic.

A work based in part on that rant, cleaned up a bit, with slightly more
background, and pitched slightly lower.  Also incorporating reflections
based on arguing points over the Net for tte past several weeks.

But thanks for the compliments ;-)

Peace.

    Defeat EU Software Patents!                         http://swpat.ffii.org/