[linux-elitists] Torvalds to SCO: Negotiate What?

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Thu Sep 11 21:04:32 PDT 2003

On 11-Sep-2003, Adam Kessel wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 05:00:00PM -0700, Larry M. Augustin wrote:
> > begin  Don Marti quotation of Thursday, September 11, 2003 2:40 PM
> > >Pasting in an entire Infoworld story minus byline is bad.
> > Personally, I read most of my email offline, so I prefer stories to
> > be pasted in below the link.  If I want to follow the link, I can.
> > If I don't, I can read the cut and past.
>
> While we're on this metatopic, I do almost all my email on BART, so I
> really appreciate the inclusion of article text in postings. And I
> don't mind people posting stuff that's reasonably on-topic, even if
> you can find it on the front page of http://news.google.com.

It sounds like you and Larry (and anyone else who wants to get article
text by email) would benefit from subscribing to such a service, in
addition to being on linux-elitists.

I join the ranks of others in saying that's *not* why I'm on this list,
and would prefer that it didn't pollute the original content to be found
only here.

Don't see why both camps can't be satisfied without interfering with
each other, or even knowing which camp the others are in.

--
 \        "I washed a sock. Then I put it in the dryer. When I took it |
  `\                              out, it was gone."  -- Steven Wright |