[linux-elitists] The hairball speaks

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu Sep 11 21:03:12 PDT 2003

begin  Rick Moen Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net):
> > The part where you change the subject?
>
> Gee, weren't you the guy implying that one sentence at the beginning
> of a long spiel prevented television reporters from using a
> 20-second clip from any part of it, or was that some different Nick
> Moffitt?

	Your powers of inference surpass any powers of implication I
may possess.  I must admit that is quite a creative extrapolation,
though I don't think I'll use it.  I don't recall any Nick Moffitt
making that implication.

> > The man delivered his piece, folded the paper, and stood there
> > waiting for the response.  ESR was *looking him in the eye*.
>
> Ah.  I would indeed have preferred he read back those "Questions for
> the Man", but I'll admit to being biased.

	I'd agree as well.  That's partly why I'm so peeved at the
opportunity lost.  He had his moment to reply TO THE MICROSOFT SHILL.
It wasn't until later that the press asked some leading questions of
each side, and got some of the party lines.

	Again, it was good planning and that made the event survive
Eric Raymond.

--
Support your droogs!

end