[linux-elitists] The hairball speaks

Modus Operandi modus@as220.org
Thu Sep 11 20:22:53 PDT 2003

Joakim Ziegler <joakim@avmaria.com> looked into the void, and said:
> the essay about how he as a young man channeled Pan and was a sex
> god (I'm not joking, it is, or at least used to be, on his site)

  It's still there:

    http://catb.org/~esr/writings/dancing.html

    "If you start this, please read it through. Stopping partway
    would probably leave you with some very silly misconceptions."

  Thanks for the tip -- this was a very eye-opening article, in more
  ways than one. Having said that, I'll stop short of ridiculing the
  man's neo-pagan beliefs or indulging in ad-hominem attacks.

  I will remember this article the next time I hear tales of ESR donning
  the Brown Bathrobe and channeling the Horned God of Incoherent Rage,
  though after reading the entire article I have to wonder what might
  have happened had he played his magic flute on Windows Refund Day.

--
/home/modus/.signature