[linux-elitists] The hairball speaks

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu Sep 11 17:42:49 PDT 2003

begin  Rick Moen Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net):
> > I'll make this easy for you:
>
> The problem is that this particular J. Random Idiot, pontificating
> on his free-hosting-site Web page for Ferris State Student Radio
> student station WFSU ("Voice of the Bulldogs"), is -- not too
> surprisingly -- profoundly mistaken in his conclusion.
>
> I say this as a past staffer of commercial FM station WPRB-FM, where
> we had to _actually understand_ FCC regs.

	Okay great, so let's just give that "you guys are ASSHOLES"
snippet lots of airplay, good?  That'll sure help!

	It doesn't matter if the FCC allows the word.  Most broadcast
institutions take the same frightened approach these WFSU guys do.

	But eh, whatever.  It still made us look like fools in front
of the press, and it was only the event's careful organization and
spin control that made it a success *despite* Eric Fucking Raymond.

--
Support your droogs!

end