[linux-elitists] The hairball speaks

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu Sep 11 16:11:26 PDT 2003

begin  Rick Moen Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> If you grant Nick's assumption that an initial reference to
> corporate flunkies being "assholes" is unthinkable on daytime
> television[1], that begs the question of all the other tape they
> shot.

	And all that other tape lacked the rhetorical opportunity of
the opening gambit.  The event was bigger than ESR, so it survived and
got a lot of good press (and a lot of clueless babble from the helmet
of hair that was Terrilyn Joe's brain).  It's still one of the best
examples I know of how ESR doesn't know what's appropriate when.

> [1] Not being acquainted with it myself, I'll have to assume that
> Nick's well briefed on daytime television, and that he's correct
> about it being a Methodist's paradise.

	Yeah yeah you're so elite with your no-TV.  Woo woo.  Even I
can google for "fcc obscenity regulation asshole" and dig up all the
radio and TV stations that posted warnings about fines for using the
word.  I sincerely doubt that this alone makes it a "Methodist's
paradise".

--
Support your droogs!

end