[linux-elitists] The hairball speaks

Ben Woodard ben@zork.net
Wed Sep 10 17:03:57 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 09:09, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:

>     Like every 'movement' before OSS the people who stood most to lose
> would always look for a 'leader' in attempts to go after that leader
> thus discrediting the movement as a whole. Its unfair yet sometimes
> effective.
>
>    This is why I agree somewhat that someone point out that ESR isn't
> the OSS movement. He is but one person like any other. If ESR ever did
> say or do so something detrimental to the community, will be easy for
> the mainstream press and SCO to point at ESR and say "told you they were
> all whacked"

I've sort of been thinking about it may be good for ESR to be the
sacrifical leader that we put up there for them to discredit in attempts
for them to discredit the movement.
1) ESR will fight like hell.
2) He'll have no ethical qualms about fighting back with serious vicious
force.
3) If he gets snuffed badly, he really is dispensible.