[linux-elitists] The hairball speaks

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 10 16:52:04 PDT 2003

Quoting Justin F. Knotzke (jknotzke@shampoo.ca):

> This is why I agree somewhat that someone point out that ESR isn't
> the OSS movement. He is but one person like any other. If ESR ever did
> say or do so something detrimental to the community, will be easy for
> the mainstream press and SCO to point at ESR and say "told you they were
> all whacked"

Eric in this case posted in his capacity as President of OSI.  Do you
have some problem with what he actually wrote, as opposed to the blatant
misrepresentation published by Mr. McBride?

> ESR's statements and actions have come into question before.

Yes, and I'll bet your mother dresses you funny -- fortunately, not when
speaking as OSI President, or adherents of OSI might have cause to be
unhappy.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                                     Age, baro, fac ut gaudeam.