[linux-elitists] The hairball speaks

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 10 02:26:40 PDT 2003

Quoting Joakim Ziegler (joakim@avmaria.com):

> Not that I don't *really* agree with you, but it's tempting to take the
> opposite side for the sake of argument.

It should be noted in passing that Mr. McBride's allegation that Eric
knows the identity of the person who claimed to be a DoSer is very easy
to disprove[1]:

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/08/24/1228211.shtml?tid=17

I wouldn't necessarily rush to say this makes Mr. McBride a liar on the
subject, but I _would_ say that, at a minimum, it indicates a reckless
disregard for accuracy -- and probably a fondness for courting
defamation suits.

[1] Technically, he never quite says this outright, actually -- which is
part of what makes this such a sleazy little compendium of slurs.  He
quotes Eric as saying he "was contacted by the perpetrator" and "has yet
to disclose the identity of the perpetrator", neglecting to mention that
the sole contact was via an anonymising third-party cutout.   However,
the "has yet to disclose" bit clearly implies, falsely, that Eric was
capable of so doing and refused to do so.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                                     Age, baro, fac ut gaudeam.