[linux-elitists] CONNECT <various>:25 attempts against Apache

Nick 'Sharkey' Moore sharkey@zoic.org
Fri Sep 5 04:15:56 PDT 2003

G'day,

	I'm not sure who else I'd ask ... has anyone else noticed
a sudden influx of "CONNECT <whereever>:25 HTTP/1.0" requests
coming into their webservers in the last, umm, 24 hours.

	I got two each on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and _564_ today.
>From 33 different sources, against 323 different targets.

I use mod_proxy on Apache, which I imagine it's detected,
but it doesn't seem to realize that it'll never get anything
other than "403" in return ...

-----sharks