[linux-elitists] EU Patents: call for unified opposition by FLOSS/Linux/*BSD news/cmmty sites

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 5 01:58:03 PDT 2003

The EU Parliament vote on software patents is slated for September 22.

My suggestion, invitation, challenge, is this:  get as many websites,
and specifically news and community sites -- Advogato, Doc Searls blog,
Freshmeat, Kuro5hin, LWN, Linux Journal, Linux Today, Linux.org,
FSF/GNU, Newsforge, Slashdot, and others, to participate.

There are banners, text blocks, and blackout pages, determine your level
of committment, and add your site to the protest page:

    http://wiki.ael.be/index.php/OnlineDemoInfo

And I don't care what IBM thinks or says.

I'd also like to see top tech sites covering this in depth, and running
banners if at all possible.

I've already added my personal homepage and TWikIWeThey to the online
protest already.  Please join me.

Peace.

   GNU/Linux web browsing mini review:  Galeon.  Kicks ass.
     http://galeon.sourceforge.org/