[linux-elitists] SCO sales isn't yet authorized to sell Linux licenses

Gary Sandine linux-elitists@laclinux.com
Thu Sep 4 16:26:04 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 17:13, M. Drew Streib wrote:
> Moral of the story? I don't quite know. Despite all the arm waving,
> SCO is still unable to let me throw money at them. They don't even
> have a prospective license for me to view.

Well, I called, too, three times, beginning the day of the $699
announcement.  I left my contact info three times and have not yet
received the promised phone call from a sales person, who, I was told,
would answer the questions I need answered before I send money to SCO.

The last attempt was mid last week, and the person on the phone said
there were legal concerns with selling the licenses, and SCO lawyers
were working this out.  They would be selling licenses this week, he
said.  Whatever.