[linux-elitists] Linux desktop investments

Scott McNeil mcneil@freestandards.org
Tue Sep 2 11:12:44 PDT 2003

Reiterating an old prediction here...

 "Computers" become things that sit in back rooms.

 "Desktops" become consumer electronics products.

 Linux wins big in the server market.

 Linux wins big in the embedded market.

 Any company that tries to use a Linux/Works With Windows strategy
 (re: WABI) loses.

I still (mostly) believe this. Regardless, the Telstra story is great.

Scott
--
Scott McNeil
Executive Director