[linux-elitists] Teergrubing and the legality thereof

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Sep 1 11:44:15 PDT 2003

begin Jan Wender quotation of Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 02:28:14PM +0200:

> The problem with teergrubing is the detection of the spamming servers.
> I'm wondering whether it would be feasible to slow mail delivery in general.
> For most emails it wouldn't do any harm, they could be delayed for, say, one
> hour without problems. For instantaneous communication there is IM.

People often expect mail, especially something with a large attached
file, to come through at some point during a phone call.

"Did you get that PDF of the new design I sent you?  OK, how about now?"

It might be reasonable to teergrube everything when the user is
not actively checking mail, but if you delay mail during working
hours you will get complaints.

KG6INA