[linux-elitists] [SCO] Integral Capital Management?

Larry M. Augustin lma@lmaugustin.com
Mon Sep 1 10:30:20 PDT 2003

Ryan Waldron <mailto:rew@erebor.com> wrote on Monday, September 01, 2003
9:49 AM:

> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Larry M. Augustin wrote:
> SCO, the corporation, does not.  But SCO's execs and other
> shareholders who are dumping their shares at the now inflated prices
> may see quite a bit of that money.
>
> The simple fact is that a large institutional "buy-in" over a short
> period of time, whether conspiratorial or not, can provide
> *significant* price support against other sellers, and especially in
> a thinly-traded small-time stock like SCOX.

Yes, that's correct.  The purchase could push up the stock price.

> This is what you haven't proved.  I agree that there's nothing
> remarkable about this sort of institutional behavior, on its face.
> But, given the parties and the circumstances, I think it's a little
> presumptive for you to claim broadly that "there's no conspiracy
> here", as though it's impossible just because it's not necessarily
> implied by the circumstances.
>
> Look, I don't see black helicopters swirling in the air over my
> office as I type this, but at the same time I think it foolish to
> think that billg would ever pass up ANY opportunity to reward those
> who harm Linux, even temporarily.  And with essentially unlimited
> cash available to play with, it's much harder for me to be so blase
> about whether or not he's doing so.  Whether it's this particular
> drop in the bucket, I don't know, but I suspect you don't either.

No, I don't "know".  But I don't know that Bush isn't a space alien
either.  I'd say the odds of either are pretty low.

Larry

--
Larry M. Augustin                       lma@azurecap.com
Tel: +1.415.276.5577                    Fax: +1.415.276.5590

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please
contact the sender and delete all copies.