SPF for forgery prevention (was Re: [linux-elitists] http get vs post...)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Sat Oct 25 21:44:59 PDT 2003

on Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 09:28:58PM -0700, Josh Neal (josh@unixmercenary.net) wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 02:11:15AM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> >     http://www.senderbase.org/search?searchString=66.139.118.63
> >
> > What I *don't* get, however, is what I specifically mentioned:  the
> > spamminess/hamminess of the IP.  There _is_ useful information which can
> > help confirm suspicions (e.g.:  the sudden burst in traffic on this IP),
> > but I don't see the specific information which would be most helpful.
>
> Actually, you _do_ get this information, it's just not particularly
> obvious. Thethe SenderBase Reputation Score indicates where the IP
> falls on the spam/ham line. For your example, 66.139.118.63, the score
> is -1.4, indicating a possible spammer.

I don't see this on the URL above.  Searching "reputation" and "score"
on page don't reveal it.  Or am I missing something?

> In the near future, the reputation score will be available through a
> DNSBL-style query. Documentation explaining how the score is derived
> should be available then as well.

Cool.

Peace.

   If spam is the question, Spamassassin is the answer.
     http://spamassassin.taint.org/