[linux-elitists] Linux ports

Matthew Galgoci mgalgoci@redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 09:14:25 PDT 2003

I'm not sure that you'll ever be able to get a comprehensive list. There are so
many variants of processor families that the lines between arch and processor
port become clear as mud. (eg, sony playstation versus mips32 versus mips64, etc)

When you get into the embedded space, each particular embedded board becomes its own
'platform', often requiring board specific tweaks or hacks. Have a look at the arm
config options some time. It's just plain nutty.

--

Matthew Galgoci		"If you were a woman I'd kiss you right now."
System Administrator