Justin Keyes twitch@port0.net
Tue Oct 14 22:31:56 PDT 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:09:37 -0800
"tek" <tek@pervasivenetwerks.com> wrote:
> > No dude, absence of man pages is a bug, not a crime. You seem to be assuming
> > that I am some kind of post-*nix hippie or something - odd.
>
> perhaps Gnome would be more suited for windows since you find it perfectly ok to
> ignore select aspects of unix tradition that has empowered it this far.
>
> time to start talking to all your other programming buddies and design the
> perfect application only another coder could love and use. You have gracefully
> illustrated every reason i refuse to use gnome, thanks for reminding me.

Jesus Christ... it is an exercise in masochism for any gnome developer to
listen to all this.

Bug reports, and feature requests, as well as enhancement suggestions, are to be
submitted respectfully.  If they are denied or ignored, it is no one's place
to accost the developers with such vitriol.  Use the powers of choice:  if you
do not like the software, do not use it.

I agree that gnome has some configuration problems, but it doesn't matter.  The
request has been made, and now it's getting ugly and speaks poorly for the OSS
community.  It's foolish and unproductive of "you people" to try to force your
principles down another's throat.  That _never_ works.

--
Justin Keyes             twitch ---at--- port0 ---dot--- net

Americans have come to believe that congress can do anything
that is wonderful; anything that has a majority vote.
--Walter Williams